A lot of us today live in condos or multiple home societies with our beloved pets. What does it take to live in a multi-apartment set-up with non-pet people & our own pets?
Here are simple tips that can make living in a condo or multi-apartment society comfortable for both pets & non-pet people.
- While waiting for a lift, keep your dog on a short leash and slightly away from the lift to avoid any confrontation with other dogs coming in the lift or humans scared of dogs.
- Always carry a poop scooper or poop bags & clean up after your dog. We always carry additional bags as a backup
- If your dog is excited or unsure of meeting other dogs, try to walk your dog on a short leash
- When another dog is approaching or crossing paths with you, stand across your dog keeping his body firm (don’t squeeze them) between your legs.
- If you are waiting for a lift and there are people inside, take the next one to avoid any uncomfortable situation
- Exercise your dog at home before walks. This can help in controlling unnecessary excitement during walks.
A little precaution & care can go a long way in creating harmony between pets and people in an urban condo. Walk is the most important time in a dog's daily routine and this is also a bonding time with his humans. Let's make these walks enjoyable for both pets and non-pet people.